Written by Lester Pasarell
Monday, 05 November 2012 23:03
Coaches' Code of Conduct
- - I hereby pledge to live up to Coaches' Code of Conduct.
- - I will never yell at, argue with, or treat a referee with disrepect
- - I will insure that my parents treat referees with respect
- - I will insure that all of my parents and players have read and/or understand the code of ethics
- - I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my players ahead of a personal desire to win.
- -I will never use profanity - I will treat each player as an individual, remembering the large range of emotional and physical development for the same age group.
- - I will do my best to provide a safe playing situation for my players.
- - I will promise to review and practice the basic first aid principles needed to treat injuries of my players.
- - I will do my best to organize practices that are fun and challenging for all my players.
- - I will lead by example in demonstrating fair play and sportsmanship to all my players
- - I will provide a sports environment for my team that is free of drugs, tobacco, and alcohol, and I will refrain from their use at all youth sports events.
- - I will be knowledgeable in the rules of soccer and I will teach these rules to my players.
- - I will use those coaching techniques appropriate for each of the skills that I teach.
- - I will remember that I am a youth sports coach, and that the game is for children and not adults.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 17 September 2013 11:00